Thursday, November 9, 2017

Make-a-Wish Dandelion Quilt and Scott's Team Won the Golf Tournament

Last night I put the final stitch in my Make-a-Wish Dandelion quilt.  I think it turned out super cute!  What do you think?
Make-a-Wish Dandelion
It was made with 5" pre-cut squares from the Authentic collection by Moda that I bought when we were in Paducah, Kentucky for the solar eclipse back in August.  The squares i bought at the National Quilt Museum and the black grunge at Hancocks of Paducah.  I arranged all the squares alternating the blocks.  I should have put a few darker blocks on the top row because you can't see the white pattern pieces, but it was already sewn together and I wasn't going to unpick a bunch of blocks.  Actually, I probably should have just started with the tan blocks and slipped in white here and there.  Oh well.  The blanket stitching around the dandelions took me 6 hours alone!  I was sure glad then that was finished.

Currently, I'm half done with another quilt...what do you think it will be?
Tonight, Scott and I went to the Golf Tournament Dinner.  We didn't attend Happy Hour and showed up right in the nick of time just before dinner started.  They served hamburgers with the fixin's, chips and a pickle spear.  Nothing fancy.  It was Bring Your Own Beverage (BYOB) and table service.  Everything else was provided.

We sat next to two fun couples, Dave and Pat (closest to us from northern Washington) and Ron and Sheila from Alberta, Canada.  Standing behind Ron was one of Scott's golf partners, Carl.
L-R  Pat, Sheila, Ron and Dave
Then, the park manager, Lee Smith, handed out the awards.  People got cash for winning closest to the pin for men and women and longest drive, etc. on certain holes but the overall winners were Scott and the guys with a 28; 2 under par.  Nice going, fellas!
Scott won $8!
Here is a photo of most everyone at the dinner.  They said it was a very small tournament compared to what they usually had.  I hope Scott will play in more of them.  He usually does fairly well at tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment