Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving Day 2017.  We hope everyone had a wonderful day and had time to reflect on the bounteous blessings you've received in life. 
This morning, Scott playing in the Turkey Shoot golf tournament.  It was a shotgun start meaning that all the groups stated at the same time on a different hole.  Scott started on the 6th hole, right outside our coach.  His group consisted of Randy, Duane and Sharon - all Canadians.  I think our rig got hit with a golf ball because I heard a large, sharp bang half way through the tournament, but Scott looked around and went on the roof and everything looked fine.  Whew!  Dodged a bullet there.  That's the only drawback of being so close to the course but we love the views we get.
The remainder of the day, we just hung out.  It was a SUPER HOT day here today.  At 7:15 a.m. it was already 72 degrees and it got up to 90 by about 4 pm.  I didn't sleep much last night, probably because it was so warm, so tonight I'll be sure to open the windows for a breeze.  We just had a lazy day - reading, scanning papers, relaxed and played with the girls.  I did a little tech learning today and tried my hand at making a few videos, so today I'll add some.  These are just iPhone videos but I'm working on it.  I also looked into some new online video toys to spice up the blog.
Happy Turkey Day from Roxy, Chanel and Coco!
Tonight, we attended the Thanksgiving Feast for all the residents.  It was a HUGE turnout and a lot of our new friends attended.  Everyone brought a part of the Thanksgiving dinner for each table.  Turkey and Gravy was provided.  We sat at Table 1 - most of the quilters again were at that table.  We brought our Cranberry-Orange Salad and a Pumpkin Pie.  The people we didn't know were so friendly - mainly, all Canadians.  This really is a fun place to be staying for the winter.  Two of the pies didn't get eaten, so we brought our over to Irvin and his family that live across the road from us.  They didn't go to the dinner and since they have two teenagers, we figured they would eat it in no time.  We hadn't met his wife, Melanie yet, so we visited with them for about 5 minutes and wished them a happy night.
And, here's a little video of the dinner.
When we first arrived at the dinner a couple of gals came running up.  At the last dinner we attended a few days ago, I was told that there was a girl who looked just like me in the RV park.  I didn't believe it but, sure enough we're a pretty close resemblance!  Also in the photo below is Joan (blue pineapples) and Mary (floral tank), two of my good friends.  They are the cutest girls; so full of life and very fun!
Here's a little video of our day today...it's only 18 seconds, but pretty much sums it up.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I also made a video of our Julian trip but not sure I like it yet so I won't post it. The photos was kind of large and I want to figure out how to make them fit the screen better.  It's a freebie program for a day and I can't decide if I want it or not...but I'm learning something new everyday.  Maybe I'll make a fun one of our Tucson weekend.  
Tomorrow morning, we're heading to Tucson for the weekend.  It should be a lot of fun.  We're going to stay in a little hacienda downtown and check out the Voyager RV Park there and go to the new Tucson temple...stay tuned for some fun posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment