Sunday, November 5, 2017

Church in Imperial Valley 2nd Ward

Today we went to church in our new ward, the Imperial Valley 2nd Ward here in El Centro.  According to the LDS.org website, we were supposed to attend at 9 am but when we got there found it we had to come back at 11 am.  The folks at the El Centro 1st Ward were very nice to us though and when we came back at 11 am asked if he wanted to change our mind and go to their ward since our records will stay in Logan.  The 2nd Ward is nice enough.  It seems they have a new bishop and he was a bit stiff.  I'm sure in time he'll loosen up.  I miss my Dry Canyon Ward in Logan a lot.  

Here's a few picture of the building.  It's about a 4 minute drive from Desert Trails just two turns on the streets.  Convenient.  I did sit next to a sweet Hispanic sister who was such a delightful person.  She wore big round glasses and was just a cutie-pie.  I could tell as she signed the sheets for every event from feeding the missionaries to helping with a Salvation Army need she was hard of seeing and she had to bring everything right up to her face to read. At one point she had to have me read to where what the clipboard said.

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 1280 8th Avenue, El Centro
Behind me in Sunday School and Relief Society was a sister from Salt Lake City whose son is in the Imperial Valley 2nd Ward and she's also here for the winter this year.  And, there was a young couple by the last name of Orwig who were from Ogden that are living in another RV park.  He has a job as a crop duster.  Ironically, there was another member who was also a crop duster.  With all the agriculture here, it's no surprise.

After we came home from church we enjoyed a nice steak dinner, red potatoes, green salad with a half hard boiled egg each and Feta cheese on top and some green olives with stuffed Feta.  Once that was done we decided to give the dogs a bath.  They were really starting to stink and then I gave them a little blow dry and put ponies in Coco and Chanel's bangs with orange and lime green bows.  Originally Chanel had a hot pink bow, but Coco decided she didn't like the color and removed it from Chanel's head.  The lime green bow is still there so she must have approved of that color instead.  Roxy didn't get a bow because her bangs are too short.

We then sat outside enjoying the late afternoon sunset and had a fun phone call from Alyse and the grandkids, Lilly and SJ.  By the time the phone call was over, I had three HUGE mosquito bites on my right forearm and two on my left cheek.  They were huge!  
OUCH!
STINGY!
Before the sun went down we thought we'd better get the girls on their evening walk and by the time we got back home my mosquito bites were itching so bad I grabbed my lavender and Helichrysum doTerra and applied it.  I'm feeling much better now!

Better sign off for today...Poldark will be on PBS in 8 minutes and I NEVER miss Poldark!!

Ahhhh!  Poldark!

No comments:

Post a Comment