Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Quilting and Thor...What a Day!

I headed over to see about the quilting group this morning about 10:30 a.m.  There were about 8 gals in the room quilting when I came and joined them.  I learned a good many things.  First, if you want to have a seat for quilting, you MUST work on the project that they are working on that you sign up for on the boards...not good.  I wasn't planning on buying any more fabric and brought my own stuff to work on and the closest REAL shop is an hour and a half away, so that won't be happening...but if there was space then you could come on a first come, first served basis.  At any rate, today I was working on my binding from my Make-a-Wish Dandelion quilt.
Pam Wattie, a gal originally from New Zealand and who comes down from British Columbia, is one of the gals in charge of sewing group.  She's going to be helping us make this cute purse in January.  Here she is holding it.
Then, I also met Vicki Dargon.  She's a fun gal.  Not sure she's a quilter but she stopped by the room to say hello.  She had just gotten in her PiYo DVD in the mail and also TaiCheng.  I have both DVDs so we were comparing notes on fitness DVDs.
Shirley Lynch is another gal I met.  She's from Canada also.  She sat behind me and was a lot of fun to chat with.
Once I got back we took the Roxy, Coco and Chanel on a walk.  We thought we were walking through the golf course road to the other side but when we got 3/4 of the way across it was the wrong road and we walked back to the start.  The park manager saw us and chewed us out for being on the wrong road.  We were not amused and told him we thought we were on the right path.  Geez.

Then, we went to Cinemark at Imperial Valley Mall this afternoon for Tuesday $5 movie day and saw Thor: Ragnarok.  It was the most different of the Marvel films...not my favorite, but somewhat entertaining all the same.  I almost felt like it was Marvel meets the Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park or something.  SPOILER ALERT...DON'T READ PAST THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIEStikes against it for me were (1) Thor loses his hair...oh, how I miss those long blonde locks. (2) Thor loses his hammer when his evil older sister Hela (played by Cate Blanchet) breaks it.  (3) Thor is now the God of Lightening...hmmm, I prefer the hammer.  (4) Thor loses his right eye, just like his father, Odin and now wears a patch. (5) Asgard is no more and the people in the kingdom head for Norway on Earth.  Kind of a sad movie...all those things happening all at once.  We are also introduced to a new character, Sif, played by Jaimie Alexander.
Synopsis: Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against the Hulk, his former ally and fellow Avenger.  Thor's quest for survival leads him in a race against time to prevent the all-power Hela, his older sister he never knew he had, from destroying his home world and the Asgardian civilization.  Of course, Loki is still alive and well also.

After the movie, we grabbed a bite to eat at the mall food court and we ate at Italia Express.  I had a yummy Veggie Calzone and Scott had Chicken Parmesan.  Pretty great food for a food court!
I also bought myself a bunch of leggins and tops from Lularoe toda from my cousin Jen from Salt Lake City.  I've been wanting to be a bit more comfortable and these should last for years and years and years.  Some are regular styles and others were Disney.  Here are a few:
Better get to bed.  Tomorrow morning at 7 am is Walk Away the Pounds in the Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment