Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Scanning, Birds and Quilts, Oh My!

GOOD EVENING, EVERYONE!  It was a hot 90 degree day today here in El Centro.  Ahh.  so nice.  I always love the view from my living room as I sit at the computer.  Isn't it glorious?!  On the blog you can just scroll down and see the local temperatures where we are and how many days we've been on the road right down to the second!  Don't ya just love techy stuff?
Lovely mornings from El Centro, California
There's a lot of this and that for today's main blog post...firstly, yesterday at lunch I got my two scanners that I blogged on a few days ago.  If you missed that post, click here.  I placed my order from Amazon on Saturday night and they were at my mailbox on Monday!  I think that must be a shipment record!  So, spent the majority of the day setting up the ScanSnap - and let me tell you, it's an INSANELY FABULOUS machine!  I'm SO IMPRESSED!  WOW!  I already scanned about a 1/8th of a box of stuff this afternoon and the learning curve it pretty easy.  Took me a little bit to figure out how to do duplex vs. single sided printing, but I got it down.  And, after I scanned the docs, I made each doc searchable, I filed them away in the appropriate computer folders and viola, done!  Woo-hoo!  The quality is super amazing, too!  I can't believe to FAST and how nice these copies are!  Soon, I'll be on my way to a paperless place!  Ahhh!
Also, we've had a good number of hummers come and visit our feeder.  They are so cute in the early morning hanging out at the feeders.  I always make my own nectar at home, so it's easy to do it here.  We did hear from my friend, Mary, that there are killer bees aka Africanized bees here so we need to be careful if bees start showing up...we may have to take the feeders down...that would be so sad.
Next, I wanted to post a little ditty on the latest two quilts that I finished the bindings on.  I'm trying to get those 16 quilts all done that I quited before we left for California and I have 3 finished so far - my Make-a-Wish Dandelion that I blogged on a number of days ago, this gingerbread quilt below (the embellishments aren't on it yet, so it's just bare bones at this point), and my Fourth of July topper that also doesn't have the embellishments on either.  All three are super cute! Waddaya think?
And, last thing for today is I wanted to tell you about our cool Sharp clock that we bought for the bedroom from Sears.  It was on sale and only cost $24 including the tax.  It's the Sharp SPC524S AC Operated Projection Alarm Clock with Temperature and Weather.  This is a cool one.  Not only can you tell the time, but it posts the time on the ceiling so when you're laying in bed during the middle of the night, not only can you see the time, but the temperature outside as well.  How slick is that?!  Since I don't have a clock on my side of this bed, this is pretty nifty and it keep the room fairly dark as well.
Well, signing off until another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment