Saturday, November 4, 2017

More Discoveries at Desert Trails RV Park

Yesterday, Scott and I decided to take a walk with the girls and see if the community center was open yet...it wasn't.  We'll have to find out the hours.  I think it opens up next week.  Roxy, Coco and Chanel were so happy to get out and just walk.  This park is a mile in diameter, so there will be plenty of opportunities for them to get out and just walk.
Coco, Chanel and Roxy are taking dad for a walk.
Scott has been considering buying a little golf cart to drive around the park here and he saw one that was street legal to do some shopping at Lucky's grocery store next door.  This is one of them that was for sale.  Not sure I'm keen on the red paint and the drivers seat is a bit worn, but we'll keep our options open.  People sell them all the time here since you can't take it with you unless you have a toy hauler.
We also walked over to the club house so Scott could meet Patty who runs the shop there.  She remembered me from the previous day and we had an enjoyable talk with her.  She's a spunky, fun lady.  I think out time here will be a lot of fun.

We also discovered where the Pickleball courts are.  They have two of them.  And, there is also a couple of Horseshoe courts.  While we were there I saw a nice shot of the community building and since I didn't include that building yesterday, I'll do it here.
Pickball Court - one of two.  You can see our rig right below the lamp post.
Horseshoe Courts with the Pickball Courts behind and one to the right.
Community Center
Later yesterday, Scott met a man named Sid who was 90 years old.  He is just right across the street from us and moved in Thursday night while we were at dinner.  He's a lonely man.  He lost his wife 2-3 years ago and misses her a lot, so we plan on being his friend.  He has family close by in San Diego.

The day seemed to go on forever yesterday.  I was organizing cupboards and cooking.  As I was moving the HUGE artichokes to place in a bowl, the needles were so long on them that they tore the skin right off my pinkie finger when I went to move them!  I washed strawberries and Scott dipped them in the last of our dipping chocolate.  I also prepped the biggest grapes on the planet!  They were so big I don't even think I can put one in my mouth!  However, we made a nice air fried chicken dinner with salsa, onions, garlic, green olives and Feta cheese...weird sounding, I know, but it was pretty yummy along with a nice green salad. 
Yummy California Fruit - The grapes are MASSIVE!
Last night we went to sit in the hot tub about 8:30 p.m. and a guy named Irvin was there before us.  I kept listening to him talk and asked him if he was from Arkansas.  He was.  I was spot on where he was from.  I was waffling between Texas but he sounded more like he was from Arkansas to me.  I guess that's what you learn when you have traveled the country over the past 50 years.  He is a welder for a pipeline company and has a wife and three daughters.  The 24 year old works as a project manager but is not here.  He also has a 21 year old and 14 year old who lives with them in their RV.  The wife and daughters were back in Bend, Oregon for doctor appointments but will be here in the next day or two.  Ironically, Irvin's RV is right next to Sid's!  Small world when there are 400 RVs here.

Once we got ready for bed, we put the girls on the top cover sheet and they crashed in a matter of seconds!  We all had a very busy day.
3 Dead Dogs

2 comments:

  1. Roxy? When did you get her? I knew you had two. Is she older? Sounds like you are settling in just fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy is our 11 year old Chorkie. The other two just celebrated the title of "dog" two weeks ago when they left puppyville for dog status.

      Delete