Friday, August 4, 2017

Boon Docking in Alamogordo, New Mexico

We got to Alamogordo, NM last night about 10:30 pm and I was just WAY too tired to blog.  But, tonight, I'm catching up on the activities for the last night.  

I found out on-line during a fueling period that the Wal-Mart Supercenter at 233 S. New York Avenue in Alamogordo allows you to boon dock there.   I gave Scott the reviews I had found and the phone number and while I was driving he called and talked to the manager, Michael, who said we were more than welcome to stay.


We pulled into Alamogordo, a much larger city that I expected, and found our way to the Wal-Mart.  We stayed next to another trucker, also spending the night, on the west side of the parking lot on the north side of store (the garden side).  It was unoccupied except for a little pick-up with two guys smoking weed, so that was a bit unnerving, but they left after about 15 minutes and the parking lot was ours along with the trucker. 

Alamogordo NM Wal-mart Boon Docking.
Thanks Wal-Mart.  We've loved being your guest.
Chanel and Coco are ready to hit the road.
It was hot and so we opened the windows to allow the slight breeze to cool the coach.  Scott heard 2 trains and I heard a little traffic occasionally, but I was so tired I didn't wake up again until 6:45 am this morning.   I did the sponge bath routine with a full-body wet wipe that got me really quite clean.  They are called EPIC wipes and really do the job well.  There's a nice smell to them and get you very clean. 
Boon docking at this Wal-Mart is sure handy if you're a tired driver. It's a great, safe place to sleep.  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment