Sunday, December 3, 2017

Packing Up Our House...and Selling Furniture

We returned back to Logan, Utah last night to start packing up the house and selling furniture.  We removed the two slide out sofas from the RV and we're having two desks made for us.  That will be much better use of the space with Scott working and me researching, scanning and sewing.  We hauled those sofas home along with a few things to put into storage.  It was a long, fast drive - 14 hours - to get back home.  We could feel the weather getting colder but there was an awesome super moon and gorgeous sunset on the way home.
When we got home last night and Scott took my computer out of the car, it wasn't packed very well and the screen chipped about 3 inches long along the top.  I'm not too happy since it's a brand new computer.  The base also took a hit, but I think I can cover that up with a little paint, but you can't "cover up" broken glass too well.  On the way back to El Centro it better be packed much better or mama bear will not be very happy!
Today, I was able to sell our gorgeous living room and dining room sets as well as a dresser.  Scott sold gobs of ammunition.  The house is starting to get empty...boxes are being packed up and getting ready for storage.  But, it will be great to simplify and enjoy the full-time RV life, save money and enjoy seeing the country.
We still have a lot more furniture to sell - bedroom sets, mattresses, freezer, etc.  I'm hoping to sell everything except for our bedroom set, one guest bedroom set, our heirloom family treasures, my office furniture, my sewing room and our family room furniture.  Then, when we finish the "full-time" RV life, we can move into a nice, small cottage somewhere with the simplicity of life, buy a small dining table and we'll be set.

It's weird to think that we've been full-timing officially now for 32 days!  We were on the road nearly 6 weeks this summer with two of our grandkids.  The time goes by so quick when you're on the road.  It's a very enjoyable life...quiet and simple.  Less headache and less stress.  Now, to just get through the next 10 days as we sign papers and pack our bags and store things.
Online Photo
I'll be taking a lot of things to get scanned back to the RV along with all the family photos and that will be my project.  I'll just box up quilt stuff and have a surprise opening at some point down the road and also pack up more things to sell from all the quilt stuff I have.  I was hoping to sell some quilts, but I think that will have to wait until we unpack after RVing.

No comments:

Post a Comment