Friday, December 8, 2017

Packing Progress and an Aching Body

It's been quite the past few days!  I'm exhausted.  We've got a lot of the packing done with just my sewing area and a little bit of the genealogy room to go.  Then, just a few things here and there that don't fit in any boxes to figure out.  Plus I have to box up the curio cabinet as well, but that shouldn't take a lot of time -  maybe 3-4 hours to get done - I was saving that until Sunday...it's just a lot of wrapping in bubble wrap.  The garage is coming along also...that's probably 1/2 done.  We've been using the living room as the holding area.  The kitchen is the prep area.  Good thing we sold those furniture pieces first.
It's funny how some days you look around the house and think - we're never going to finish on time...and then you go to bed and wake up and think - ok, we're going to get it done after all!  Yesterday there was paper, boxes, bubble wrap and peanuts all over the house and Scott tidied it up and I feel a lot better.  I can't stand clutter!
The whole bad part of this is that my back, knees and feet are killing me!  I ache more and more every day.  I think I've put on 20,000 steps EASILY every day plus all the steps and maybe 20 sets of stairs or more per day.  Then, all the lifting of the boxes and they get very heavy.  Then, there leaning over and reaching here and there.  My back REALLY hurts and I think my FEET hurt just as much if not more!  I've changed my shoes every day to give them some relief, but nothing helps.  At least I'm scheduled for a nice massage at 9 am on Saturday.  By then, I'm definitely going to need it!!
Scott is kicking back reading and watching Judge Judy (gag!) before he starts the new day.
Well, time for a shower and to get back at it...another day of torturous agony awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment