Friday, December 22, 2017

My 1st Day of Yoga

I got out of the box this morning and went to my first day of Yoga at Desert Yoga in El Centro.  It was 1.7 miles from the RV and right down 4th Street and over on Broadway.  Easy, peasy drive.  Took a whopping 3 minutes to get there.  Desert Yoga is on Facebook.
I met Sara Rosas, my instructor and she was friendly and very helpful.  She came and assisted me with one pose that really challenged my hip but other than that I held my own.  I was surprised how flexible I was and I can see that I have a long way to go at the same time.  A complete ying-yang feeling.  My goal is to try and get this right hip to work once and for all.  I'm tired of it being so still and non-conforming to what a leg should do.  Maybe yoga can help...I've tried about everything else.  Sara said it's all in the breathing and I'd be amazed at what the body will do with the right breathing.
Sara also mentioned that on Tuesday and Thursday at 9 am, Dipa Patel, a gal from India does a Hatha yoga class that I should take.   So, I'll be going Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings to yoga.  
The cost is $55 per month and it includes unlimited classes and Zumba!  Zumba is every night, Monday - Thursday so I may head over for Zumba, too.  So, if I only did the 16 Yoga classes per month, it would only be $3.44 per class.  Not bad.

Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. is a special class called "The 12 Days of Christmas" yoga with a guy named Jayson Barniske.  From what I understand, it's a free class (donation optional) and the guy is supposed to be amazing.  So, I'll probably hop over and do this class in the morning.  Then, afterwards, we'll need to buy groceries for the Desert Trails Christmas Breakfast and Dinner we're attending on Christmas day.
Tomorrow night, there is a Christmas Meditation by Jayson Barniske as taught by Paramahansa Yoganada.  I may head over for that also if I'm impressed with his class tomorrow morning.  This will go along nicely with my post on November 14th on the book blog of Rituals for Transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment