Thursday, November 1, 2018

Hardin, Montana KOA

I'm getting closer to being caught up on the blog.  I've been working like crazy on it this week.  It's now Aug 22nd.  We drove 3 hours to get to Hardin, Montana and had reservations at the Hardin KOA.
The park seemed nice enough when we pulled in.  But soon found out that they liked to cut corners...we were given site #3, a pull through that was full hookups plus cable - except, the guy didn't want to pay the cable bill claiming it was the station's fault; so there was no cable.
We are the far unit.
For instance, the office, while neat and tidy, they didn't turn on the lights.  I went into the camp store and it was so dark inside I wasn't sure if it was open or closed.  It was open and the owner had to go around a corner and turned on the light for me.  I thought it was strange.  They also did have a snack eating area with TV.
There was a door that lead into the laundry room from the back with a cute garden area.  The wash was $2.25 per load - the most expensive I think we've paid and .25 cents per 6 minutes to dry.  All the washers and dryers were old and mismatched.
Next, on my photo taking tour, the pool was also closed down.  I think it had water in it, but it was covered.  I thought that was weird, too since it was mid August.  There was also a spa and again - closed up not for use.  I started to wonder what I was paying for.  Also, behind the pool was a bunch of broken tables tables and excess chairs.
Next, was the playground.  It seemed like it was in decent shape - a mismatch of new and old style playground items but adequate for kids to play on.  You can see the weird shaped tan bunkhouse on the second photo.  I guess I missed that one.
The restrooms come next.  Not the most up to date but clean.  No one is allowed to used the bathroom for 2 hours for cleaning time daily.  I think I think that bothered me the most was the sign that said $20 to use the bathroom if you weren't a guest.  Hmmm.
There were 6 cabins that seemed nice enough from the outside.  Plus, there was a bunkhouse with parking.
Also, 14 tent sites.  Here's a few in the front by the street that had electric hookups.  The others were in the back and rustic.
They also had double trash - one for regular trash and one for recycling.
Our site was $42.89 per night but with our KOA discount we paid $38.60 per night.  We gave this park a 2 star rating because their amenities were not available.  They did have a dump station, gazebo and wi-fi plus a small bike path, pet area and horseshoes but I never found them.  Again, the people were very cheap and I didn't feel quite welcome there.  We really couldn't access the amenities so not the best experience although the place was fairly neat and clean.  Before we left, we had to figure out which was the best route to exit because the roads were a bit unlevel.

No comments:

Post a Comment