Tuesday, November 6, 2018

2018 doTERRA Dream Convention with Hugh Jackman!

Well, the same evening we checked into the Salt Lake City KOA, we thought we'd beat the crowd and get our registration materials at the Dream 2018 doTERRA Convention.
I didn't think SO MANY people would be there already!  Gee whiz!  Every time I think I may have solved the dilemma of getting through the process it just gets worse!  I remember years ago we were in just one venue and now, it's two!  The lines were 3 city blocks equivalent!  First, the line wound around by the south end of the Salt Palace and all around and then, when you though you were nearly through, these are the lines below in the ballrooms!
They had the cutes backpacks this year.  The cream one below and also a gray one.  I picked the cream one and I thought Scott would have picked the gray one, but he got another white one.  He said he thought I'd want two white ones.  No.  I would have preferred one of each color, but it's OK.  It's just a backpack and super cute at that.
Last year we were in the Salt Palace Convention Center.  I like this venue because you can sleep in because sessions don't start until 11 a.m. but what I didn't like is that you watch from big screen monitors and you're all siting on one level surface plus you hear about everything last.  Also, last year, we check in late the night before during gala and we only waited in line a couple of minutes, so I guess next year, we do registration on gala night.
Photo by PicDeer
Photo by PicDeer
Two years ago we were at the Vivint Smart Home Area (home of the Utah Jazz) and we liked that the Vivint had stadium seating and you got to hear everything first.  So, we chose to go back to Vivint this year.  The problem that we encountered this year was that you had to NOW go through security!  And, believe me, with 25,000 going through twice a day (initially to get in and then after lunch), it was NOT a fun experience!  What a nightmare.
Web Photo
Web Photo
So, now to share all the GREAT new products has to offer!  I was super excited about it and even guess two of the new products!  First, is a favorite and one I guess, the doTERRA Kids Collection!  Here's the video they showed to announce the products.  I thought it was SUPER CUTE!  It's for their heart, mind and body.  I send one to my granddaughter Lilly for her birthday and she uses them every day, especially the bedtime oils on her feet.
The other product I guess they would create is their OnGuard mouthwash.  I have to say, it's the BEST mouthwash I have ever used in my life!  The benefits of OnGuard with a fresh minty taste makes it just amazing!  I use it every times I brush my teeth!
Next,  is a lovely, silky smooth spray body mist.  It's luxurious and perfect when you used when you get out of the shower.  It's lovely!
Next, they took last years Copaiba oil and made it in capsule form.  YEA!  Copaiba is amazing.  I used it daily.
For the new oils, Yarrow/Pomagranate (Yarrow/Pom), Pink Pepper, Green Mandarin, Tumeric and for the skin, Magnolia.  Yarrow/POM is also amazing for the face.  It's a blue oil, but mixed with your daily moisturizer, leaves the face super soft.  The Magnolia is also a refreshing flower great for the skin.  Pink Pepper and Yarrow/POM along and Green Mandarin have been showing great weight-loss results beside the great other properties that they provide.
And, they reworked the deodorant they produced.  I didn't care for the old one, and now, it's really great and works very well.  We received the Balance Grounding deodorant, but there is also Citrus Bliss as well.
On day one (Sept 20), I made the mistake of leaving to get my convention kits while Scott went back to check on the dogs at lunch time and I missed one whole hour of the next session because I couldn't get back inside...as thousands of us waited outside to get back inside.  The lines were slow and miserable.  Needless to say, next year, we'll be going back to the Salt Palace where we can just walk in.  It's not stadium seating and you have to look at big screens, but at least we can come and go as we please.
On day two (Sept 21), Scott decided to get a jump on the lines at convention and went there are 6:30 a.m. hoping to get good seats and even at 6 a.m. the lines to get in were long at Vivint.  Holy cow!  This photo was taken at 6:49 a.m. waiting to get into the center at 7 a.m.  I can't understand how people can enjoy a convention when they have to get up at 5:30 a.m. to shower and get ready and then sit for 2 hours once the doors open.  To me, that isn't fun.  
During lunch on the same day, I was holding Scott's seat while he rode back to the rig to check on the dogs and some doTERRA employee threatened me that I couldn't save seats while there were hundreds of seats all around me where people had left there things to get lunch.  So, for 2 hours I had to sit there, not get lunch and wait until Scott came back because he would take our stuff away.  By that time the session had started and I was hungry and grumpy!  Then, I with Scott sitting there I went to get food and all the food was sold.  I begged one company to just give me anything they had and they squeezed me in and gave me just a bowl of noodles for $8.  At least I got to eat something.  I really felt like crying today.

Saturday, (Sept 22) was the last day of convention.  Usually, a lot of people leave on day 3 to start heading home, so we just got seats on the far side of the center.  Honestly, my heart wasn't in it and I was a bit put out this year but when the secret guest came on for the 10th anniversary event, I was really excited. Scott had left to check on the dogs (I think he was a little unhappy this year, too) and he missed it, but Hugh Jackman flew all the way from Australia to perform for us and do a sit down chat.  His family is a big doTERRA user back there!  Here's the 50 minute video of his singing and doing Q&A, which was my most favorite part.  It was a lot of fun and he was so personable.  He flew a day here and just after he finished, he flew a day back because he had to be on set Monday morning at 8 a.m.  What a guy!
Here's my little 15 second clip when they first got ready to announce him.
Despite the good and bad (and sorry, I was a bit negative on this post), we decided to get our tickets for next year and we'll definitely be going back to the Salt Palace.  I think the worst part was the security issue.  I love the stadium seating where you can see what's going on better but the security thing is just more than I can stand.  All-in-all, it was a good 10th anniversary convention and I love the products.  I just wish they could figure out something better for the registration lines and security stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment