Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A Day with My Sister, Nancy

The last thing I did while being in Salt Lake City was to spend the day with my sister on Sept 19th.  It was her birthday two days before, so I wanted to visit her before we left for 6 months.  I drove down to Lehi in Utah County.  The smoke was really bad as I crossed over the Point of the Mountain into Utah County where a bad fire was burning in Spanish Fork area (you can see smoke in these photos).  It made me gag in the car, it was so bad.  We hung out and chatted for a bit with her hubby Greg and then we drove to CostCo where I bought 2 bundles of flowers.  We drove over to the Orem City Cemetery and put flowers on our parents graves and my aunt's grave that is next to my dad's stone.  I had recorded our dad's last words before he died Nov 1, 2015 that I keep on my phone and so we sat on a bench and listened to him and my mom and cried.  She died 4 months and 22 days after he did.  It was a sweet experience to spend this time with Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment