Friday, April 13, 2018

Where's Waldo??

Today I went over to do a little babysitting today and brought Where's Waldo over to Kyle's house that I bought in Seattle a few days ago. 
Kyle was home working remotely so he was barricaded mainly in his bedroom.  I brought S.J. over a new car and he loved that.  He's a smart one.  He figured out that if you roll it backwards it will go forwards.  He also spent a lot of time at his train set we gave him.
For Lilly, I brought over her new Mexican outfit (you can see part of it on the photo below) and  Where's Waldo and we spent about 1.5 hours looking for Waldo, Waldo's girlfriend, Wenda, the Wizard Whitebeard, the dog - Woof, "Bumblebee" (Waldo's friend - Odlaw) the Wizard's Scroll, Odlaw's Binoculars, Woof's bone, Wenda's camera and Waldo's key.
It was pretty fun and she actually stayed it with 45 minutes longer than I thought she would.  Good job, Lilly!
But, after a few hours, my left ear was really acting up and I figured Alyse would be back from her lunch with a friend at any time, so I told Kyle I had to go and I slept the afternoon away.  I've had an ear infection since Feb 18th and the last few days it's really been acting up - probably with going from sea level to 4,000 feet has something to do with it.  Regardless, even my ear medication isn't doing anything for it, so I've made an appointment to get to the doctor before we fly to Holland, which will also create havoc on it I'm sure.  I got in for next Friday, but on Monday when we get to Logan I'll see if they have something that afternoon.  They usually keep a few emergency appointments open then.  We have appointments all week long next week and to make matters worse, the truck will be in the shop to take the tool bed off the back and install a 100 gallon gas tank in it's place.  I'm hoping to get a couple of temple sessions in there also.  I have a bunch 2-3 couples to do and a gob of sealings...Not a lot of down time but I've got to get everything done and we leave for Amsterdam on April 23rd.  Plus, we have to take everything out of the RV we aren't going to need for the summer and put it in storage because we won't be back to Logan until Aug 24th.
Tonight, everyone is just recouping in their own zones.  We'll sit here in the RV and watch a movie or a couple TV shows.  It actually turned out OK because Scott has a bunch of things he has to do for work.  He was up for a meeting at 5:30 a.m. and he probably won't get to bed until about 10 p.m. waiting to close projects from work.  Poor guy!  He's a hard worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment