The upper level is where we are for all the big boy rigs, like us. There are 4 rows of RVs with a total of 67 spaces including a large bathhouse, trash, swimming pool, two pet areas, the store, fitness center and laundry as well as the office. There is also four sleeping rooms on the upper level and a grill area. Because we are set up on a hill each space is above the next one.
|This is part of the upper tier units 101-109 an the bathrooms from the front part of our rig|
|Looking down from our rig and into the valley. It's quiet and peaceful -- for now. This class A left yesterday.|
|Pet area and view of the valley|
|Bath House (our rig on the left)|
|3 Showers / 3 Toilets|
|They are working on the sinks now|
|Inside the office and little store|
|Laundry and Fitness Center/Rec Room|
|Fitness Center and Rec Room|
The lowest level has 15 sites for camping with a shower, restroom and trash area.
The park was purchased back in 2014 with the new owners and while the location is fabulous, the condition of the park is deteriorating.
Here is the amenities list and my comments about each one:
- Big Rig Accessible - Very good but some units are so hilly the picnic tables don't fit.
- Back In and Pull Through Sites
- Full Hook Up Sites
- Electric & Water Tent Camping Sites
- 30-50 amp sites
- Other Lodging Available - Dated and Old
- Convenience Store - If you can call it that. There's like 5 cans on the shelf.
- Pets Welcome - they do have three pet areas.
- Recreation Room & Fitness Center - Very OLD, musty and OLD! Equipment dated!
- Heated Swimming Pool - The Pool is still mucky with green water. Hopefully the clean it soon.
- Playground - One small playground but adequate for a few kids
- WiFi - Great WiFi
- Internet Access - Great Internet
- Laundry - $2.00 per load and dry. VERY expensive and the machines are very old. I won't be doing my laundry here at those prices and at how old the machines are.
- BBQ Facilities
- Dump Station
- Forest Areas - Beautiful location
- Group Area
- Seasonal Rates
The park office is open daily from 8 am - 9 pm. Prices per day are as follows and I think is quite high considering the condition of this park:
- 50 amp - $49.50
- 30 amp - $49.50
- Tents - $26.50
- Room - $85.00
- Cabins - $65.00
- Monthly - $960.00
The RV park is also very close to some great local attractions (all web photos):
|Mount Rushmore National Memorial|
|Badlands National Park|
|Wind Cave National Park|
|Jewel Caves National Monument|
|Minuteman Missile National Historic Site|
|Devils Tower National Monument|
|Storybook Island Children's Theme Park|
|The Mammoth Site in Hot Springs SD|
|Bear Country USA|
|Black Hills Aerial Adventures|
|Horseback Riding Tours|
|Crazy Horse Memorial|
|Custer State Park --- Where the Buffalo Roam|
My rating. In the current condition it is in, I would give it a 3/5 rating. But, I can see of the potential going to a 5 if they do things right and fix it up properly. I'd even think about putting in an ice-cream shack during the summer months.