Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Lily of the Valley Campground - YUCKY!!

After we finished at Friendship Hill, we headed north to Ohio.  One of the first things we saw was an Amish family in their buggy going down the street.  So quaint!
But, soon enough, terror struck as we landed at the Lily of the Valley Campground in Thompson, Ohio!  OH MY!  The second we got off the road, I said, "NO WAY"!  I was afraid to even get out of the RV let alone stay here!  Are you kidding me!  This is the dumpy sign that welcomed us!
The office was horrible and I told Scott I did NOT want to stay here, but he got a little mad since we had pre-paid for a week here.  I was NOT going to stay here.  NO WAY!
But, we stayed for 2-days.  We needed better Internet, so the people had us just pay for 2 days.  Thank heaven!  He felt bad for the managers of the place.  They were trying to turn this place around and he didn't want to make them feel bad.  They were super nice, too.  But, I just wanted to get out of there.  We stayed two night.  We had a pull-thru site but I had to back out to get out of the place.  There were NO roads passable.  Ironically, there a beautiful KOA just the next block over!
We had the dumpster and the junk workshop next to us!
This was our location...yuck!
This is the managers rig!
Right next to us!
Our view!  Isn't it gorgeous!
OH!  And, I forgot to mention that we had to pay $40 per night and there wasn't even sewer hook-ups - just electric and water!  Good grief!  I wouldn't have even paid $20 for this dump!
4 RVs had to share one water source!
OH!  To make matters even worse, the police have to patrol the park twice per day to make sure the riff-raff stay out!  
This is the doggie area!  I wouldn't even let me dogs here!
OK. So, here's the rest of the park.  It was the most disgusting place I've ever been and I would rate this place a -1 if I could.  I gave it a 1 just for the rating purpose.  Don't laugh too hard!  The bathroom was bad, but the best thing about this place.  You even had a communal changing area!  Gross!
These bathrooms on the far side of the place weren't even open!
And, these were our neighbors!  No wonder the cops come here patrolling.  Our rig was like the Rolls Royce of the park.  We sure felt out of place here!
They did have a playground.  Probably the nicest thing about the place!
And, wait until you see the laundry!  HA! 1 wash and 1 dryer and they wanted $4 for laundry and $8 and they would do it for you.  Disgusting!
And, this is their park map!  Oh my!
See where the K is on the bottom left area?  We were parked on the left side of the K next to the shack.
All units in the K had to share the water and water pressure.  Oh my goodness!
So, did you laugh hard enough.  I don't even know how Scott found this place!  There wasn't even a website.  And, the photos and info he did find were very deceitful.  Apparently, the owner is a bad dude who just wants money and doesn't fix up the place...no kidding!  Well, we left and went to Sandusky and found a place there!  And, it was a gorgeous place...stay tuned!

2 comments: