Saturday, February 3, 2018

Our Newly Redecorated RV Office Furniture

Well, the long wait is now officially over and our custom made desks made by our Amish cabinet maker, Gene Miller, from Country Craftsman Woodworking were delivered on Thursday.  Gene did a great job on the furniture and we had him specifically design each desk to our individual specifications.  He also ordered the Corian counter tops to match the counters of our kitchen and bathroom.  You'd never would have known it wasn't originally part of our rig.  He specifically designs things to go into the RV so he's quite good at his job.  Scott's desk and the tops came in pristine condition however my desks bottom packaging was gone and so there was (1) some water damage to the base of my desk, (2) a cracked from edge and (3) the desk pulls were disfigured because the shippers shipped the desk upside down.  Such a shame.  We called Gene and he said he's remake the front of my desk and and get it fixed.  So when we head toward Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Dakota's this summer we'll stop by and get it repaired.  So, here are photos from start to finish.  I'll just make notations on the captions.  Aren't they fabulous?!  These desk drawers shows are 3 feet DEEP!
Original Living Room
We removed both sofas when we went back to Logan in December.
Scott was using the kitchen table as his work station.
I was using a small folding table for my station.
Now the desks are installed!
Scott's zone.
Scott's pull out drawer for printer and hard drive.
Center desk drawer and another pull out section.
My desk area.
Center pull out keyboard drawer for me since I'm short.
I have two smaller drawers made for pens, paper, etc.
Plus two pull outs on the top for research and stuff.
And two deep filing drawers with side storage.
The next things we did was to purchase office chairs.  I thought we should go to Staples and look but Scott said he wanted one from CostCo so we went there where he bought his chair.  The chair was too big for me in the arch of the back so yesterday I went to Staples where I found even better chairs.  I came back and picked up Scott to look and he did agree mine were better so we returned his and bought mine.  The chairs I found were $229 each but I got them on special for $129 each!  They recline really far and can be adjusted in the lumbar, height, width, arm rests and head rest, etc. and much better than the $100 chair Scott found.  My chair is assembled but Scott's won't be here until Tuesday.
So, now to get all the photos scanned (that's all the boxes there now) and then things will be neat and orderly.

4 comments:

  1. You guys did a beautiful job of it.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was quite stressful not knowing what we were going to get...but happy with the outcome. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! We are enjoying it. It comes in handy when hubby works full-time for a software company and I do a lot of Internet surfing and researching...

      Delete